Wednesday, April 1, 2009

APRIL FOOLS...

April fools was pretty fun this year with the girls. They all wanted in on some great action so between all of us we got each other pretty good today! I even got a "Hey mom, I've got diarrhea! April Fools!" Nice, huh! Guess who that was from...
Lexi and I made an April Fools dinner for the girls. We made meatloaf cupcakes with colored mashed potatoes on top for the frosting. Then we made red jello in plastic cups to look like juice. Then we had some normal stuff too. The girls were so funny. They really thought I was so cool for letting them have dessert for dinner. Okay- not that cool- when it ended up being meatloaf that they bit into. Their faces were priceless!


I made them all on the count of three pick up their cups and take a drink. It really looked like juice because the jello would jiggle and move when they touched the cup. It was great!
They couldn't believe that it was jello- awesome!
Shane was at the temple tonight so he wasn't around for the festivities, but the girls made sure he had his dinner and some April Fool's Day cards waiting for him when he got home.
They got him because the cards don't actually open and he tried to open those cards and then finally figured it out! Gotcha Shane!


Sage and I short sheeted her sister's beds too. Lexi in all seriousness could not figure out what was going on. Then I said, "April fools!" and she just started giggling her little giggle. That little laugh is just so contagious.
We got Shelbs pretty good this year! Nice work Sage...

What will we think of next year?

9 comments:

Brittany Arnett said...

You always have the best ideas. Keep them coming. You're such a fun mom!

The Hammonds said...

That is so great! Way to go! I wanted to get Jonesy all day today but never thought of anything good to get him with. He just kept telling me, "Mom, it's trick day today." Maybe next year.

Jessica said...

Sounds awesome! Those are great!! You are so funny! I can only imagine some of Lexi's jokes she played on you!!

Nikki said...

What fun and clever ideas. Looks like you guys have so much fun with each other.

Josh and Erika Thorne Family said...

Too cute! What a fun mom you are.

Mindy said...

ok so can i just copy those exact same ideas for next year? i was pretty lame about it this year...

Sunshine Marketing said...

Ha ha ha! Love the little pranksters! Love the Cupcake idea! Gonna try it soon. Congrats on your run! Cant wait to do the race with you!

Steph said...

Looks like it was super fun at your house!

Becki Madsen said...

That is such a cute idea! I bet your girls had such a blast with this!