We had such a great 4th of July weekend. I think it has to be one of the busiest holidays because there's so much to do, from parades to fireworks to BBQ's to swimming to you name it! I love it! Our weekend started Thursday night, July 3rd , at the local Riverton City parade. I'm still in wonderment at how people here in Riverton set up chairs a WEEK before the parade to save their spots. And they set up chairs along Redwood Road the main road in Riverton and I'm amazed that nobody touches the chairs and there they sit for a whole week until that beloved parade starts. I took the kids to swimming lessons at the county pool in Riverton so we drove past these chairs every day in amazement that day after day they were still there. So the girls and I decided there must be a reason why people are saving these coveted spots so we drug out our camp chairs and saved the best spot possible! We were so excited each day to see our chairs on the side of the road as we drove to swimming lessons each day. So Thursday night we ventured to downtown Riverton and lo and behold amongst all the crowds there were our 3 camp chairs right up front right where we left them. The kids got so much candy and had a great time. Shane and I sat there and laughed most of the time! Parades are really a funny thing if you think about it. Like these cops on their motorcycles that come driving way fast past your kids who are standing on the side of the road and then these cops stand up on their motorcycles- who knew these cops were stunt drivers? I was just waiting for an accident to happen! And all the city councilmen? I guess I should be more into politics. And the roller skating stunt group? Where do they find these people? Anyhow- I loved the parade - We'll make it a Jensen family tradition!
Then we hustled home to take a 45 min. snooze and then off to Shane's parents for dinner. You can always count on good food and lots of people there. Then we dragged Shane's parents and my parents and the kids to the Riverton fireworks. They seriously were the best fireworks! We had the best seat and they went on for 30 minutes straight and they were right above our heads. Even my little Libby was clapping and enjoyed them. We didn't get home and to bed till after midnight but what a 4th to remember! I love that everyone is patriotic and we have this one day each year to really think about this great country we live in! We are so lucky!
I love starting traditions for our family and the 4th is a great holiday for traditions. So next year the chairs are going out for the parade on June 28th and we'll watch those chairs sit there for a whole week before the parade actually starts! Only in good ole' Riverton!

9 comments:
I was at the Riverton Parade too. So much candy=so much fun. Remember when we were in it for Oquirrah Mtn. Softball? Those were the days...
Sounds like fun! I always am shocked too that no one moves or steals the chairs that sit out there forever! The picture Shane laying down at the fireworks - I love the girl in the background, totally smiling at your camera and sticking out her chest LOL :)
I guess if we compare 4th of July activities, you barely beat us! Ha Ha.
Looks like fun!!! I love the 4th of July too!...Just good ole family fun!
Every day is like a holiday with the Jensen family. You guys party like rock stars, only sober.
I love starting our own family traditions, too. Always go for the Bull Frog sunscreen - nothing else comes close. Trust me, we know.
That just inspired me to blog our 4th of July. That was just great! There is nothing like the 4th in Utah. We go up to the mtns. here in AZ to get out of the heat. BTW, I was cracking up at your memory of Ramona and scrubbing her driveway! I had forgotten about that! That Ramona...
It sounds like everyone, and I mean EVERYONE heads to Riverton for the parade! So is it actually funner to watch the parade or watch your chairs sit there for a week prior to the parade?!
I just love your cute family! We had a blast on the 4th too! We need to plan something soon. I'm having camping withdrawls! Love ya!
Post a Comment