Every year Shane has his annual work convention in Las Vegas and every year I take full advantage of going. The last couple of years Shelby and Sage have gone with us and we've had a great time swimming, school shopping and playing. This year Shane flew down Monday and the girls and I and my sister Leslie and her little baby drove down on Wednesday. There's a lot of good things about having all girls, but I must say that having road trips with just my girls is WAY fun and I see more of them in our future ahead. We had a great time talking and sharing stories and doing MAD LIBS (when was the last time you did one off them? 3rd grade?) and buying treats at every stop. I'm glad Leslie came with us even if she did make fun of me the whole time. ha ha! She stayed at a friends house and came and hung out with the girls on Friday so I could go with Shane to dinner. Thanks Les! I didn't take many photos- I guess we've been there enough and I have enough photos from there that I didn't take much. But I did get a photo of Shane and the girls with a guy from "The Blue Man Group". That was a great show! And we did jam out on the front row of the "STYX" concert. The girls got guitar pics thrown at them and everything- it was great! Vacation for me is being able to read a book uninterrupted and I did just that. I started and finished "The Host" while we were in Vegas. I couldn't put it down and I loved it! So all in all, great company, great food, great shopping, great time!
Thursday, July 24, 2008
Road Trip...Road Trip...Viva Las Vegas
Every year Shane has his annual work convention in Las Vegas and every year I take full advantage of going. The last couple of years Shelby and Sage have gone with us and we've had a great time swimming, school shopping and playing. This year Shane flew down Monday and the girls and I and my sister Leslie and her little baby drove down on Wednesday. There's a lot of good things about having all girls, but I must say that having road trips with just my girls is WAY fun and I see more of them in our future ahead. We had a great time talking and sharing stories and doing MAD LIBS (when was the last time you did one off them? 3rd grade?) and buying treats at every stop. I'm glad Leslie came with us even if she did make fun of me the whole time. ha ha! She stayed at a friends house and came and hung out with the girls on Friday so I could go with Shane to dinner. Thanks Les! I didn't take many photos- I guess we've been there enough and I have enough photos from there that I didn't take much. But I did get a photo of Shane and the girls with a guy from "The Blue Man Group". That was a great show! And we did jam out on the front row of the "STYX" concert. The girls got guitar pics thrown at them and everything- it was great! Vacation for me is being able to read a book uninterrupted and I did just that. I started and finished "The Host" while we were in Vegas. I couldn't put it down and I loved it! So all in all, great company, great food, great shopping, great time!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

4 comments:
Sounds like a blast! Glad you were finally able to read the Host, isn't it awesome!!
Thats a freaky picture with the blue man there! lol Shane and the girls look unbothered by it though~ :)
Sounds like fun! And this may be a stupid question but what are MAD LIBS??? whatever it is it sounds like fun! :)
Oh... Cute Background! :)
You must admit that the conversation on the way to Vegas was much more stimulating and intriguing than on the way home....sorry Shane! Thanks for letting us bum a ride off you guys. If I never do another mad lib it'll be too soon...unless it asks me to pick a "Suburb", right Lyns!
Post a Comment