We spent this last weekend camping with my sister Mindy and her family and some mutual friends of ours from Colorado. I can kick myself because I have lots of pictures of the kids but just not any of the adults. Our friends are Ben and Michelle Wilson and it is so great getting together with long time friends. It's so easy to reconnect and have a great time together. We haven't seen them for 4 or 5 years now, so it was a good time reminiscing around the campfire and laughing and sharing stories until late in the night. We had a blast!
Here's all of our messy, dirty, stinky or whatever else you want to call them, kids. There's nothing like the freedom of being in the mountains and running and playing and getting dirty just because! It's the best!
This is what I call multi-tasking! Here I am taking care of my sick little Lexi who's laying on my lap, trying to catch a fish and also hanging onto my demanding 18 month old who isn't quite sure what she wants, but it always consists of me for some reason! AHHHHH! I never did catch a fish- Lexi and I went back to camp and took a nap- and that's not so bad either!
Shelby, Asher and Sierra made a clubhouse up in the trees. It's so great to see their imaginations all work together and to have a great time together. One evening up there, our friends little 2 year old came running over to the trailers with his eyes as big as they get and yelling, "There's a deer in our clubhouse!" That pure excitement was so flippin' cute!
On the other side of our camp, Sage and Ryder had their own clubhouse. Not quite sure what went on in the clubhouse but it sure kept them busy.
We truly love camping and being in the mountains- no thoughts of work, stress, things that need to be done or should be done, etc. etc. etc. It's been so much fun for our family to bond together and create some great lasting memories together. I love my husband and my kids more than anything and there's no other place that I'd rather be than to be with them!

4 comments:
Brings back memories from when I was a kid camping, seriously it is the best! looks like fun!
Ahh,Lyns, what a great mom you are. Wish we could go with you again. Maybe in a few years... Hope Lexi's feeling better.
That was me - Katie - not Ben!
aaaah! that looks like so much fun! I really wanted to go camping this weekend too since it was a three day weekend! But Mike's back has been really bothering him. And he's a Chiropractor ...seems so ironic~ :)
I love the picture of you multi tasking! Its such a great example of what us mothers do all the time. Maybe thats why I don't catch any fish anymore?...lol
Post a Comment