Friday, June 20, 2008

Wand or Sword?

So the other day, the girls and I ventured out to Kohl's to buy new summer pj's and swimsuits. Of course, Shelby and Sage pick out Hannah Montana jammies because they have the eye masks that come with them and Lexi picks out The Little Mermaid nightgown , not because she loves little mermaid, but because it came with slippers and this wand. That night after bath time they all got into their new pj's and were excited to go to bed. Shane and I spent a few minutes outside cleaning up and just then our neighbor pulled up in the driveway. After talking for a minute, Shane looked toward the house and suddenly yelled, "Lexi!" As I turned and looked toward the house I saw the last swing of the sword (wand) and red flower petals flying in the air. Lexi had used her magic wand to destroy my flower pots on the front porch. I couldn't help but laugh as she turned and ran as fast as she could into the house and straight to bed. I don't feel like these pictures give it justice but you can see all the petals lying on the dirt in the pot and there were many more that had gracefully fallen onto the flower bed below. What am I to do with this little girl.

Don't most little girls with wands say "Bippity Boppity Boo"? This Lexi of mine is such a crackup and most definatly keeps up hopping! Shane has his little boy, she just looks like a little girl!

I still laugh everytime I walk out on the front porch and I've even left some of the petals just to make me smile!

6 comments:

Steph said...

Oh that makes me laugh! Mylie is not a bippity boppity boo kind of girl either. In fact we were at the water park yesterday and all the other little girls were squealing as they would run through the fountains, but not Mylie. She was karate chopping the water streams and making the sound effects to go with it. LOL.

Camille said...

I get a smile on my face just thinking about Lexi!! Those pictures are hilarious!! Love ya!

holly said...

i love that you left the flowers like that... and you smile when you see them. lexi (and all your girls) are lucky to have such a good mom.

Karmen said...

My Kelsie only wants to buy the clothes that come with something special too (a little purse, a magic wand, a necklace...)! I have a little "boy" girl too! What do you do?! I'm glad that you can just grin and bear it! I'm trying...I'm trying...

Leslie said...

I would just love to meet your kids! That was a super funny post. In fact, I think you are one of the best darned bloggers around. You are going to have a great journal for your kids one day.

Nicole said...

That is too funny! Isn't it great how we are all so different?