Monday, June 16, 2008

Summer days at the splash park


Today my sister Leslie called and invited us to meet her at the splash park. It's finally 86 degrees so why not! Julieanne and Jones were there and my girls had a great time. Thanks for the invite Les! Leslie and Julieanne were sarcastically commenting on Libby's hat and how attractive it was. I sarcastically told them that I had one that matched. I must not have been that sarcastic because later in our conversation they told me that they thought I was serious. Now c'mon, I know I don't have the greatest fashion sense but a matching hat like this one? Thanks for giving me no credit, you two! I know it's dorky but it's our first swim day this summer and who wants a sunburnt head? Or for that matter who wants a baby with a sunburnt head? Not I!!! Next time I find a hat for adults in this cute style I'm buying you each one and I'll expect to see it on you both at the next family get together! Crocheted flowers and all!!! :)



While we were there, this fire truck pulled up and started spraying the water from the top of their truck. The kids thought that was so cool. I was taking some video of Sage playing in the water and running over to where the firemen were shooting the water. While you watch the video pay attention to the fireman that's walking behind Sage. It's toward the end of the video. His fellow firemen got him good. It's pretty funny. We had a great day!

5 comments:

3 Men & a Lady said...

I LOVE THE SPLASH PARK!!!! It's so nice to be able to finally take advantage of it with this good weather! I think Leslie would look so cute in a hat like Libby's... definitely with the crocheted flowers! :D I have to agree... sunburns are the WORST!

Andrus Family said...

Thanks Sista for the shout out! We both know secretly that you do have a hat like that, but now you're just embarrassed to wear it.

Emily said...

I liked the video (especially when you started laughing). We're going to Payson Lakes in a few weeks--love that place.

Brittany Arnett said...

Lynds - Hey! It was so fun to stumble on your blog. You know I only need 1 more girl and then I'll be in your boat. AHHH!!! Please give me tips. Your fam is so dang cute. You guys are welcome any time to join us for a 113 degree day. Nothing like an AZ summer. See ya!
-Britt

Nicole said...

that is hilarious!..I love the hat~ you'll have to wear yours next time! ;) lol...