Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Ski day at Brighton

Shane and I had so much fun skiing over Valentine's weekend that we decided that we wanted our girls to learn how to ski so that we could go and ski together as a family. Even though it's towards the end of the season, we thought that it'd be good to get a few days in this spring and then get back into it this next winter. We took the girls up to Brighton and they were all in the same class and they LOVED it! When I was 9 or 10, I took ski lessons through a program that Deseret News had at the time. My girlfriends and I had so much fun (right Les and Em?) and I'm so glad that those simple lessons have stuck with me. I'm not a great skier, but I'm an okay skier. At least I can keep up with my kids, for now that is!



Shelb and Sage were rock stars and did so awesome. They're so excited to go back again!

I love the above picture with Lexi holding her arms straight out coming down the mountain. She did great!




6 comments:

Katie said...

Wow, all three of them did really great going down that hill. Such a fun thing for you to do as a family. Wish we could join you!

Leslie said...

THAT WAS AWESOME! I love that you are doing that with your family. Okay, I still remember our ski lessons too. It was $10 and one of the lessons was at Sugar House park with no snow. And then I remember eating a McPizza once or twice after lessons. I also remember Em barfing. Thanks for the memory. :)

Nikki said...

You guys do so many fun things with your family!!!

Becki Madsen said...

I am right with you on loving to ski with the family. It is sooo much fun. Unfortunately all of our ski slopes are 2-3 hours away so we don't get there as often. And what a cutie your daughter Lexi is with her skateboard!

Emily said...

It was great seeing you this weekend, Lynds! Good job on the run. After you walked away my friend asked, "Who was that cute girl?" :)

Emily said...

Okay so I just read what Leslie wrote and what you wrote about our ski lessons. They were fun--I've told my kids about them AND the McPizzas. The barf story will come later.