I have benign paroxysmal positional vertigo. What is this BPPV, some of you might ask. Well it is the feeling that you are spinning or that the world around you is spinning. AHHHHHHHHHH! This last Monday morning I went downstairs to do my usual exercise routine and it finished with sit ups. When I stood up, my head was spinning and I had to fall back to my knees. I eventually made up the stairs and began feeling nauseated. What in the world, I thought. I spent most of the day on the couch with every movement of my head throwing me into this spinning motion. Tuesday I went to the Dr. and this was the diagnosis I was given. He said it was from me doing sit ups and that these little stones in the inner ear were dislodged and it caused me to have vertigo! He said it could take a couple weeks for me to completely feel better. What- who has a couple weeks to give with their head spinning?
To make a long story short, this week has been interesting to say the least. Being a mom of 4 kids doesn't allow you to have a couple of weeks to recover. I've tipped over while picking things up off the floor, in the shower, while making dinner, and wrost of all, while pulling my pants up after going to the bathroom. That's pretty humiliating! Each day has slowly gotten better so hopefully, I'm well on my way to a full recovery. And to think I'm going bowling tonight...wish me luck!
Friday, February 20, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

8 comments:
That makes me dizy just reading about it! That stinks, You just don't have good luck with stones in your body do you! Sorry you are dealing with that, I wish we were there to help out! Good luck and feel better soon!
It's been fun to read your blog, sorry about your spinning head, I would go crazy! I hope you recover fast! As for a hard-copy of my blog I am in the process of printing it into a book from www.blurb.com, it is so neat but it takes some time to put it in the format you want and make sure the pictures are all in the correct spots but it will be worth it in the end! I am going to print them every year and I am so excited because I am not into scrapbooking so it helps us have an updated photo album! Looks like you had a great weekend skiing, I am jealous!I love to ski!
Dang! I've heard horror stories about vertigo. That must be the most annoying feeling! I hope it subsides soon and I'm interested to hear how in the world you managed to bowl!
How weird! You are the 3rd person to tell me that they have this diagnosis in the last 6 months, I had never heard of it before. I hope you get feeling better soon. If you want Lexi to come over and play with Sawyer, let me know. he would love it! I am home during the day now so it is not a problem and I would be happy to do it.
I also tried awhile ago and it said it wasn't compatible but tried last week and it worked. So maybe it was something with their network. I hope it works for you! Your background is super cute by the way, where do you get yours?
Ugh, that does not sound fun. I hope you get feeling better soon!
It stinks that life doesn't stop for a mom when she is down and out. Hope you feel better soon. Look on the bright side...you do sit-ups. That's awesome!
Lynds...that is seriously scary! I hope your recovery is quicker than the doc said.
So, how did the bowling go...did you send the ball down the right lane? Did you chuck it behind you? Did you knock anyone out at the bowling alley? Okay, I'll shut up....
Post a Comment