Friday, January 9, 2009

Shelby's 9th Birthday


Can I possibly be old enough to have a 9 year old? Shelby's birthday was 3 days after Christmas and she has been bugging me about blogging her birthday. Finally...I'm getting to it!
Shelby is a really special little girl. She reminds me so much of her dad and she tries so hard to do what's right. She's a good student, a good reader, and a good friend. People are naturally drawn to her and tries hard to be nice to everyone!



Shelby's birthday was on a Sunday this year so she and I spent Saturday morning shopping and getting our nails done. That's exactly what she wanted to do. Then that afternoon we went to a movie with her cousins and walked to Red Robin for dinner. It was fun to share the day with her and family.

Our birthday tradition is breakfast in bed. So Sage, Lexi and I made Shelby scrambled eggs with bacon and toast and juice- that's her absolute favorite meal! Shelb is great. Then Sage and Lei had to serve her the rest of the day. They made her bed and helped her get ready for church.
In the meantime, I made her birthday cake. Look at that detail and frosting job. Didn't I do great! It actually tasted really good too. Shelby's favorite is Chocolate! She's just like her mom when it comes to treats!
We love you Shelb and hope you had a happy 9th birthday!

1 comment:

Katie said...

We love you, too, Shelby!! Hope you had a great day and no, I can't believe you are 9 years old. I still remember the first time I saw you and thought you were the most beautiful baby I had ever seen. And look at you now - you're the most beautiful 9 year old girl I've ever seen. Happy late birthday!