Summer has come and gone and wow...the kids started school this week. We are in the boundaries of a new school and so this year is full of changes for our kids. New school, new friends, buses, and school is now from 9-4 instead of 8:30-3:30. All in all, we can't complain!
Shelby has adjusted quite well. She has lots of friends from our neighborhood in her class, which has made the adjustment smooth for her. Sage on the other hand has had a little more anxiety about the changes. She was great the first day, but when the second day rolled around, the alligator tears began rolling. I felt so sad for her that morning as I had to watch her walk onto the bus while she quietly wiped those big fat tears off her cheek. And then I could just see her silhouette through the tinted bus windows as she continued to wipe those tears. Talk about a heart breaker as a mom! It appears that everyday is getting a little easier for her. Let hope so!
Lexi Lou starts Kindergarten on Thursday and that will have to a post in and all by itself! Although, she has already informed me that she will be riding the bus to school and back and that she doesn't need me. Is that true? She doesn't need me anymore? (sniff sniff) I guess I've come to expect that from little Lex. We'll see how brave she really is.

No comments:
Post a Comment