Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Girls...priceless!

4 little girls. 5 broken arms. 2 sets of stitches...priceless! That's right, this is the 5th broken arm of the Jensen girls. When people ask me if we'll ever try again for "that little boy", I always reply, "Are you kidding! I have the most active little girls that enjoy sports and video games and all that "boy" stuff more than most little boys out there! We have the best of both worlds!" And with that comes a price- broken bones, stitches, etc. and we've had our fair share!
4 years ago, I took Shelby ice skating with me when I was in the YW's. She fell on the ice and broke her arm for the first time. Then last summer Shelb broke her right arm at school and a week after getting her cast off she fell and broke her left arm at soccer practice. Then a month after she got her cast off, Lexi was jumping off of the rocks in front of the house and she fell and broke her right arm. NICE! Then Sage was swimming and jumped off the side of the pool and turned mid air just in time to hit her chin on the edge of the pool- YUCK! Earlier that year she sliced the inside of her arm open in the Marv Jenson's locker room on a broken dressing room lock. Another Yuck! I thought we were doing pretty good this summer since we only went to the InstaCare once thinking maybe Sage had broken her arm- thank goodness hers was just a sprain. Although she is kind of feeling left out now being the only one without a broken arm. She'll get over it!!


Then came yesterday. Libby fell and fell and fell! Maybe it was those new shoes, hmmm... Maybe it's the new puppy, hmmm... Maybe it's just pure bad Jensen luck! That one is the more likely one. She just fell perfectly on her right arm to cause a buckle fracture of her wrist. Just like her big sisters have done. It wasn't until dinner time when she was sitting in her high chair and she was holding her arm and starting kissing it and saying "Owie, Owie!" (how do you spell that?") That's when I told Shane, "Here we go again." We've become all too familiar with the signs of a broken arm.


I took her to the Insta Care and she was such a trooper. She has all of a sudden gotten so grown up. She did just what the nurse told her to and held her arm perfectly still for the x-ray. She even held perfectly still while they put this soft cast on her. I was so proud of my little Libby! She kept holding her arm up and saying "Ook mommy, ook mommy" (look mommy). Then when we pulled into the garage, Sage was the first one out and she starting yelling, "GG! GG!" and she was swinging her cute little arm around. She was so funny last night. Today she's not 100% sure about it since she's having a hard time feeding herself, holding her sippy cup and all that good stuff. We'll take her tomorrow to get her hard cast. Hopefully a bright pink or purple one. I'll post pictures then. Just so we're on the same page with everyone- Don't anyone turn us in- I promise non of them have been parent inflicted breaks! :)

10 comments:

Jessica said...

Are you kidding me!! That is so crazy! She looks so cute and grown up in that cast!!

Katie said...

She really does look so grown up. Your girls are crazy. Maybe I should keep mine away at Thanksgiving!

The Hammonds said...

Poor little thing. She was so cute this morning and I love the pictures of her. Too cute!!!

Jen said...

That is so crazy! Cute, but crazy!

Andrus Family said...

You guys do have horrible luck - just don't pass it on to Millie on Monday....we already had one scare with Grandma!! Love you Lib!

Camille said...

Could she get any cuter? She was so sweet this morning! Give her lot's of love from the Sherratt's!

Kendra :-) said...

I love that she is so proud of her cast, it is adorable. The pic Shane put on facebook is my favorite with her huge smile, no shirt and little cast... I keep laughing. And she is sooo big, I need to come out soon!!!

BTW, When I was telling Macey about Libb's broken arm and that the dr. had to put a cast on it, she started wiping her eyes. When I asked why she was crying, she said "I am not crying, my eyes just have water"... I finally got it out of her that "it hurts my heart for Libby's arm to be sad"... LOL!!! So, tell Libby that Macey is thinking of her AND NOT CRYING FOR HER, only having her eyes water for her!!!!

Sunshine Marketing said...

WOW! You have beat my record and I have ALL boys!

Steph said...

Oh, poor little girl. I was just showing Mylie the pictures of Libby and she is so concerned that she is hurt. Get better soon!

Leslie said...

You are a trooper Mom! I would lose it and go bizurk! Hope she gets better soon.