Thursday, September 25, 2008

NEW YORK CITY- DAY 3

Day 3 started nice and early with a jaunt up to Rockefeller Plaza where the NBC Studios are. Shane and I wake up every morning and watch the Today Show- I guess you could say that we are fans of Matt, Meredith, Al and Ann. (yes, we're on a first name basis! haha) We ended up being on the show and didn't even know it. We were watching through the window behind where they sit at the news desk and you could see Shane and I walk up and look through the windows and then walk away! We recorded it here at home so we realized it after we got home. Hilarious! It was fun to see them live out on the plaza and watch the shooting process through the windows. It was fun to see-




After the Today Show we stopped at this little cafe for breakfast and it was to die for! I had a stuffed ham and cheese croissant and Shane had a breakfast sandwich and they were both so YUMMY!!! ( I have to write about the food because it was all something to be remembered!) Then we began our trek along and through Central Park to the Metropolitan Museum of Art. WOW! Talk about a lot of walking and it was actually a chilly morning. Central Park is awesome. It's so beautiful and green and full of all kinds of people. I loved seeing all the people running and jogging and on their bikes and roller blades. It looked like so much fun!
The MET was a really cool museum. You could probably spend an entire day there, it's enormous! Shane and I were lost half of the time trying to find our way around. We really enjoyed the Egyptian Art and the Coats of Armor. They were really interesting!

This is my favorite picture of Shane. He looks just like that statue, doesn't he?


This was on the roof of the museum. The balloon dog was so cool! The view up there was amazing. New York has such a great skyline!


After the museum, I must say we were a little burned out. We love the arts, but all in moderation! So we decided to catch the subway back to 5th Ave and shop! This was so much fun. We shopped all afternoon and ate at the Carnegie Deli, which was so GOOD! Their sandwiches were huge and delicious and the cheesecake- well let's just say, nothing can out do Carnegie Deli's cheesecake. Absolutely AMAZING! With their sandwiched being so big, Shane and I could only eat half of ours, so the waitress insisted that we pack them up and take them with us. We weren't about to argue with this New Yorker, we knew we'd loose that battle so we packed them up and thought we'd give them to some homeless person on the street. The first bum we tried to give them to refused! What? How can a bum refuse food, especially from Carnegie Deli? But then the next one we came upon was SO excited to have it. We did our good deed for the day!
After a long afternoon of shopping we headed back to the hotel and took a little nap- we were exhausted. Since we ate a late lunch we decided that we'd eat after "Wicked" that night. Wicked was AMAZING! We were on the 2nd row and to story is so cute and funny and the music is awesome. Shane and I loved it!

AAfter "Wicked" we stopped and ate some NY pizza and walked around the shops a little more. We definitely had a eventful day and doesn't it sound like all we did was walk, eat and shop? Well, I guess that's all we did do this day- my kind of day!

5 comments:

Jill said...

I love NYC...this sounds like a great day! Isn't the Today Show so cool live? (I have that same picture with me and Matt's cut out!)

Sunshine Marketing said...

So much fun! I would love to take this trip with Ryan! So glad you guys could get away for a few days!
Much Love,
Tami

Unknown said...

All of your days sound so amazing. I love that you write about the food, and that I am not the only one obessed with food. I am jealous you saw Wicked, that is on the list of things I want to do in my life, now going back to NYC is on that again.
Yesterday was so fun to talk to you, we miss you all like crazy...on and by the way, you always have the cutest clothes on! You are going to have to become my personal shopper!

3 Men & a Lady said...

It is so fun to read about all your adventures in NYC since it is all so fresh to me! We did so many of the same things. I'm glad you had a good experience with Canal Street. I was so excited for it, but let down. And that's hilarious that you were on the Today Show! How fun! New York really is a different world! You're so right about the subways too... so crazy!

Leslie said...

Alright, are just trying to make me jealous? That looks like an amazing trip. Willy and I took our first week trip a couple of years ago without kids. We just kept asking each other, "Now why haven't we ever done this?" You guys look like you had a ball.